Floodlighting and Electrical Services are thrilled to announce the sponsorship of the Best Commitment to the Welsh Language category at the WSA Sports Industry Awards 2024.
The Welsh Sports Association (WSA) is thrilled to announce that applications are now open for the WSA Sports Industry Awards 2024.
Following the success of last year’s event, the WSA Sports Industry Awards, once again with Headline Sponsors Complete Background Screening, will return to the Parkgate Hotel on Thursday 6th
June 2024 as we reconvene to celebrate the best within the Welsh sport and leisure industry.
The awards recognise and Promote the initiatives and successes of WSA members, while also communicating best-practice models and strategies that are helping the Welsh sport and leisure sector to Develop.
And in the lead up to the big celebration of those best-practice strategies and initiatives, the WSA is excited to formally open this year’s application process.
With a streamlined version of the application form, we urge organisations, clubs and individuals to complete the form to be in with a chance of gaining recognition and sharing their success across the sector.
In addition to being an exemplar model for the industry, the profile of winning an Award will also be brought to the attention of influential stakeholders within the sector such as Welsh Government, Sport Wales, Community Leisure UK, WSA Partners and the media.
There are eight Award categories in which organisations can enter. The Awards up for grabs on the night are as follows…
- Best Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Initiative, sponsored by Acorn by Synergie
- Best Initiative to Promote Women in Sport & Physical Activity, sponsored by Complete Background Screening
- Best Innovation Award, sponsored by Sportscover Europe
- Best Commitment to the Welsh Language, sponsored by Floodlighting and Electrical
- Best Sustainability Initiative, sponsored by Sport:80
- Best Social Impact Initiative, sponsored by 2buy2
- Best Collaboration Initiative (Participation, Sponsorship or Member Engagement), sponsored by Net World Sports
- Most Influential Campaign (Communications, PR or Advocacy), sponsored by Hugh James
All current member organisations of the Welsh Sports Association are eligible, with WSA member organisations also able to apply on behalf of their own not-for-profit members.
WSA CEO, Andrew Howard, commented:
“After the resounding success of last year's inaugural WSA Sports Industry Awards, the WSA is eagerly looking forward to this year's event.
"There is a considerable amount of work occurring behind the scenes in our sector that merits recognition and celebration. We are eagerly anticipating the opportunity to do so once again this June.
“The WSA Sports Industry Awards 2024 will again offer a prominent stage for showcasing the outstanding work of WSA members. We strongly encourage as many Members as possible to submit their nominations.”